ESP-12 is a low power consumption of the UART-WiFi module, with very competitive price in the industry and ultra low power consumption technology, designed specifically for mobile devices and IOT applications, user's physical device can be connected to a WiFi wireless network, Internet or intranet communication and networking capabilities.
From 2015/12/28 on, all shippment will be "ESP-12E", It's enhanced version of ESP-12 and 100% compatiable with ESP-12.
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- SDIO 1.1/2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4μs guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- Identical to adafruit item 2491
- This module requires a 3.3 volt supply for VCC, and 3.3V logic.
- It is not 5V tolant,Connect RX or TX on 5V Arduino will destroy this module.
- You must use a logic level converter, or a 3.3V Arduino
- The 3.3V supply on the Arduino Uno has inadequate current capabilit to power this module.
- You must provide a separate,higher 3.3V supply(about 300mA or better)
For technical support, please open a ticket on Itead Support System. Or you can learn more in ESP8266 community forum.